Friday, August 22, 2014

The right vintage of Bacardi


August 22, 2014, 12:18pm

Important.  Driving faster than this heart beats.  Chasing the sun.  Making sure that the day doesn’t lose the magic of this life.  Motionless.  Without.  

“You can drink your wine.  I will drink this incredible vintage of Bacardi”

In a white room.  In a corner he lay.  Breathless.  Cold.  Lifeless.  All I could think, “Dear God help him.  Help me help him.  Please.”  The energy of his soul floating away.  Finding a better reason.  Dear God had called his angel home.

Such a gentle soul, this man who put a smile in every ones face.  He was the reason I exercised the muscles of this frown yesterday.  He was the reason I believed.  He was “my friend.”  

One hand on top of the other.  The pressure.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30...breath.  Please God don’t.  

“Feliz Cumple Anos!”  This world can not wash your pain away.  The skin will crawl and it will shed, life will regenerate again.  It will find a way.  

An ordinary bond.  A friendship built over the decades.  Not just an acquaintance.  A friendship that could reach the sky.  You couldn’t reach any higher to the heavens.  A friend for life.  A friend for eternity.  My friend Miguel Pavon.  

A man who lived in the heavens and maneuvered around the highway of the sky.  Humble.  Brilliant.  Generous.  Distinctly a mortal man amongst us to show us mortality.  You could scream at the clouds but he would give you directions.  You could cry with the rain clouds and he would find your puddle of tears.  This was no ordinary man.

12: 40pm  

The flashing lights driving away.  You could see the angels protecting the chariot.  Within the walls was a father, husband, brother, son, and my friend.  I close my eyes and feel your presence.  I feel your soul.  I understand your reason.  

Tonight Rest in Peace my Friend.  See you soon.

Dedicated to my dear friend Miguel Pavon who decided to go have some Bacardi and smoke a cigarette with our creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment