If in all of life’s ups and downs we resorted to the bottle then we would be a planet of inebriated souls. I prefer to have a relevant more austere positive approach to life, so my thoughts tend to guide me in the following manner. We are not a planet of drunks, quite the contrary we are a planet of humans who are just a sand pebble spec on the aliens that cruise the the great milky way map. For those of you who are high, I am making a galactic reference and not one to your appetite from a drag on another form of excess.
I really am going to just ramble here but oh well, life finds me in my backyard with a nice little glass of wine from Casanova di Nerri from Italy. Its actually a pretty interesting wine. It has great depth. Fine balance between the tannins and the fruit. It actually has achieved its peace within the bottle. I on the other hand found my peace without thinking.
Several days back I was on the dark side of the moon cursing the stars from far away universes trying to remember a simple password for a very important file. I tried everything in my arsenal of weapons. Every Van Halen album failed miserably. Every birthdate, sports team, bottle of wine, ex, song, superhero, you name it I tried it unsuccessfully. I was beyond miserable, I was drinking to remember.
Finally after utter and I do mean complete utter failure was ready to pack it in. I was at “Fuck it!” going to reboot and lose all of this information. Then I was saved by a question, “Did you save it on your phone?” Hello! Genius I have never claimed, dumbass? Absolutely. Well now for the love of life it will never fail me, for the record my new password is, “DUMBASS” in caps. Just to scream at my stupidity.
During this priceless moment or rather delay of my time here on this planet, started thinking about what keeps us company? Some simple answers, family, friends, sports, books, this idiotic blog, but ultimately the answer is in the mirror. We keep ourselves company! Some people fantasize about things that are beyond reason and some live with out reason. At the end of the day, much like tonight my thoughts are always the same.
Right before I walked inside the house, took a moment to stare at the sky and realized that my stars have always been aligned. Realized that there is an alien from Omega Centauri looking at his stars to see if they are aligned and taking a sip from his sauce and quietly toasting his life.
Much like my friend from Omega here is my open letter of thought or simply put what occupies the space between my ears. “............................
Salut.
No comments:
Post a Comment